Online Project Tasks:
- Market Research Intern: We are looking for someone with an understanding of international markets, especially Japan and North Asia.
- Operations Intern: We are looking for someone who is process-driven, detail oriented, and has interest in operations processes tools and is able to work as an advisor for operations related processes.
- Data Management intern: We are looking for someone who can look at our data structure, tools, and processes and help us create a better data strategy.
We have keen interest in supporting and prioritizing people who are willing to learn and have interest in learning, instead of only experienced people.
- Exposure of working in a startup
- Experience working in a social impact company
- Involvement in strategic decision making
- Learning to work with remote teams
- Developing agility and proactiveness
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of ethical fashion industry
- Knowledge of the circular economy and supply chain
- Has exposure to startups, purpose-driven enterprises, knowledge of Japanese markets
- Has a learning attitude and agility.
- Has the ability to communicate and write in English
- Is able to work remotely and is comfortable with new tools and technology
- Believes in making a difference and working with purpose-driven
- Data driven
- - Option 1: 6 to 12 months, with opportunities to move between teams and manage different projects.
- Option 2: 3 months with a focused, specific objective.
- Option 3: negotiable
- - Option 1: 40 hours per week full-time
- Option 2: 20 hours with flexible working hours, but must overlap with Indonesian working hours in order to attend team meetings
- Commissions if involved in specific funding and projects
- - Visit and domestic travel cost to weaving communities in Indonesia, when travels are back.
- In-person: Meals, transport and subsidized support during the course of the internship.
- An opportunity to continue full-time if the internship is successful.
*Since we are a bootstrapped company, our funding is limited, but our plan is to raise funds in the coming months. With a successful raise, we might be able to provide stipends for interns.
- - Google Suite
- Ability to pick-up tools and technologies
- Professional-level written and spoken English (as long as you are able to communicate in English this will not be an issue)
- Communication tools (such as Slack and Asana)
We are an impact enterprise headquartered in Jakarta, Indonesia. Founded in 2008, it specially focuses on collaborating with women artisans and entrepreneurs from rural excluded communities in order to achieve the following:
- Alleviation of cycle of systemic poverty by providing livelihood
- Preservation of cultural heritage of “weaving” in Indonesia
- Preventing break down of families and community due to outward migration
- Our Vision, Mission and Values are
Vision: Alleviation of systemic poverty by creating a sustainable ecosystem for women artisans
Mission: Collaborate with women from weaving communities and offer them market access sustainably via 3Cs:
- Commerce (Ethical Slow Fashion Lifestyle Brand),
- Community Collaboration (Capacity building and knowledge management) and
- Consultancy (Helping Businesses big and small “Walk the Talk”)
Values: Collaborate with Community, Uphold Quality, practice integrity, take actions with a purpose and Believe in compassion.
- English 90%, Indonesian 10%
- Our motto is: Weaving Stories of Indonesia Artisanal pieces handwoven with the earth in mind and our weavers at heart