We host an annual innovation summit, which s a platform for nurturing, developing and showcasing African innovation, as well as facilitating innovation thought-leadership. Created to support and promote innovation and facilitate collaboration within its own eco-system, the initiative brings together corporates, thought leaders, inventors, entrepreneurs, academia and policy makers to amplify South Africa’s renowned competitive edge and to inspire sustained economic growth across the continent of Africa. The outcomes achieved by the Summit, is a powerful platform to bring together thought leaders and accelerate innovation in South Africa, and into the African continent as whole.
One of our projects with multiple partners and stakeholders is an online accelerator and virtual mentorship programme, targeting post-revenue tech and IP driven impact ventures across the SADC region. The multi-sector programme is designed for ventures who primarily seek to become grant and/or investment ready.
• Refresh the project's budget data and timesheets
• Support progress reporting to Consortium Partners as well as SAIS;
• Liaise, inform and report to the project manager for SteerCo
• Coordinate meetings and travelling
• Stakeholder meetings coordination
• Coordinate with suppliers (venues etc.)
• Support logistics and team communication
• Support consortium partners on tasks and activities
• Research and analysis
• Newsletter management to database
• Working in a challenging and growth environment
• Working with the biggest innovation ecosystem in Africa
• Develop project management competencies
> Go getter,
> Open to new ideas and experiences
> Good communicator
> Interested in innovation and social impact
2 months - 6 months
Provide support to find residence and subsidize up to 3000 ZAR (Three Thousand South African Rands) for accommodation.
• Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Powerpoint and Excel)
• Desktop research
• Email and messenger communication
• Be organised
• Take initiative
• Good communication skills
• Planning skills
• Able to tolerate stress
• Work out of office at least once a week
• Able to tolerate stress
|Our Value Proposition is that our effort should go towards enabling the Tech Entrepreneur as she and he will be the only entity able to leapfrog systematic change to alleviate poverty, drive inclusiveness whilst meeting Industry 4.0 head-on. Large business, curricula in the universities and government policies cannot move fast enough to keep up with the technological changes; The Tech Entrepreneur can!|
The Summit was birthed out of how little was being done to commercialise technology from South Africa into new industries through start-ups, private sector involvement and enabling government absorption of new ideas. Our first Summit started with getting the roles and language between government, industry and academics aligned. The content migrated over 10 years into making the Tech Entrepreneur centre stage and the hero of taking the economy forward.
南アフリカ 【2020年2月開催決定】Africa Diversity Camp in Johannesburg ～南アフリカの...